A History of Growth
- Headwater Equipment was founded in 1997. But our industry expertise started 45 years before that. Our founder Mike Stringer started his journey with heavy equipment as a Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic and went on to own and operate a successful road building and oilfield construction company before Headwater Equipment was opened. When it came to heavy equipment, he ran only the best and maintained it well to keep his operation running smoothly.
- Today Headwater is managed and owned by a partnership group of Matthew Stringer, Cori Petersen, Mark Tollestrup and Steve LaPorte. The group of managing partners all bring a strategic and specialized skill set to the operations of Headwater.
The philosophy described above served as the foundation of Headwater Equipment. We understand that the best equipment means good business in any industry requiring heavy-duty machinery. We sell the quality of equipment that we would feel good about using in our own construction company. We’re an independent dealer, so we aren’t limited to the brands that we can buy or sell. That means that we can serve the needs of each customer, rather than the mandate of a particular head office. In a nut shell, we’re all about providing our customers with machines that can:
- be taken to their job site
- put to work
- make them money
While we are an independent dealer, we are also excited to be associated with some of the highest quality OEM’S in the construction market. Before signing on to sell these brands, our team dug into the performance, specifications and customer value for each brand. Today Headwater is proud to be an authorized dealer for Sany, Terex Trucks, and Wallenstein Outdoor Power Equipment.
We are a member of the Better Business Bureau (15+ Years), the Independent Equipment Dealers Association (IEDA), the AED, and the Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC). As a company we believe in honesty and integrity in our dealings and hold our all of our employees to these high standards set out in the associations we are a part of.
- Our focus is on helping our customers to grow their businesses. They show us their appreciation by coming back to us again and again for their products and service. This level of customer satisfaction has helped us to become an international leader in the heavy equipment industry.
- Today Headwater Equipment has customers on nearly every continent around the world, including North America, Australia, Africa and South America and various countries including UAE, Pakistan, India and many others. No matter where our customers are located, no matter what their equipment needs may be, they have come to trust Headwater Equipment as their source for quality, inspected, work-ready used heavy equipment and new equipment at competitive prices.
- Whether you are looking for a quality piece of used equipment, an equipment attachment or parts, or need repairs done to your machinery, make Headwater Equipment your first call.